- Wireless communication use different radio frequencies (RF) for various applications.
- The amount of spectrum made available to mobile industries is fundamentally driving mobile services.
- Evolutions in mobile technologies use RF spectrum more efficiently.
- Advance planning required for spectrum allocation for mobile broadband services , from Digital dividend.
Duration: Two weeks –Instructor led training.
What you will gain?
After completing this course, the participant will understand about:
- Understanding basics on RF communication.
- Technology overview of mobile communication – GSM, WCDMA and LTE.
- Spectrum requirement for different technology and services.
- Spectrum pricing and allocation methodology for mobile technologies.
Pre-requisites : Basic knowledge on telecommunication is desirable.
Who should attend?
Suitable for Executives, Directors, CxO and Head of Telecom Regulators, Telecom Service providers with technical and non-technical background. The richness and depth of course topics cover a wide spectrum of practical and theoretical issues.
1. Telecom Basics :
- Different type of transmission medias.
- Overview of RF spectrum
- RF propagation and Antenna types.
- Different types of networks –Fixed, mobile , wireless
2. Mobile Technologies
- Over view of mobile technologies
- Spectrum usage in GSM , WCDMA and LTE
- Different type of services offered in mobile technologies.
3. Spectrum Management and Allocation :
- Spectrum planning and frequency assignment
- Spectrum pricing methodology.
- Policy making process by regulators during technology transition.
- Spectrum allocation plan for mobile broadband from Digital Dividend
- Best practices being followed in other countries in spectrum management and allocation.