- Develop the understanding of what GSM is and what it can do, including the motivation for its development, its early history, and its present capabilities.
- Help the engineering team in planning, optimization and performance management for the wireless data network. Have a better know how of the parameters involved and KPI metrics;
- Explore the linkages between technological capabilities of GSM and delivering quality to customers
- Instructor -led training , Conducted on regular and Fast track program. Contact us.
What you will gain?
After completing this course, the participant will understand about:
- The participants will become familiar with up-to-date features of the GSM standard and why and how it evolved.
- The participants will learn about practical performance and deployment issues specific to the GSM standard.
- How to carryout drive test and network optimization
- Understand the network architecture of GPRS /EDGE
Degree in engineering from ECE / CS /EEE /E&I with basic knowledge on digital communication is recommended.
Who should attend?
- All the technical team of GSM service providers.
- Fresh engineers who want to gain in depth understanding of GSM network and optimization techniques.
- Motivation for GSM and characteristics of GSM network
- Brief about telecom organization – ITU T , ETSI and ANSI
- Overview of Transmission system –Microwave, OFC
- Introduction to switching system – time & space switching
- Overview about signaling – R2MFC , SS7
- Basics about GPS
2. GSM network architecture
- Overview of network components
- MSC , BSC ,BTS and MS
- GSM services- Tele services , bearer services, supplementary services
3. GSM radio / layers
- GSM frequency bands
- FDMA and radio channels
- TDMA and Physical channels
- Logical channels
- Permitted channel combinations
- Channel mapping
- Timeslot structure
- Frequency hopping
4. Traffic Cases
- Radio connection establishment,
- Location updating,
- IMSI detach,
- MO – Mobile Originating
- MT – Mobile Terminating call,
- Air interface
- Cell planning and traffic engineering.
6. Layer 3
- CM – Connection Management
- MM – Mobility Management
- RR – Radio Resource Management
7. Layer 2
- Frame structure
- Acknowledge/unacknowledged mode
8. Layer 1
- Channel coding
- Burst formatting
9. Speech processing
10. MS in idle and active state
11. BTS-BSC interface
13. Network Optimization
- Drive test methodology –single mobile and multi MS
- Interpreting data collected from drive test
- Parameters to be optimized from BSC /BTS
14. Evolution of GSM – GPRS and EDGE / WCDMA
- GPRS architecture
- GPRS radio resource management for UL / DL packet transfer
- EDGE techniques.